Hello hello!
Happy September 2nd to you all! I’m writing this currently sitting outside in my garden with the Spring flowers blooming, the birds are chattering away and I have my dog curled up at my feet. I saw this delightful tag on Olivia’s equally delightful blog Meanwhile in Rivendell and the questions were too scrumptious to resist! Sorry Olivia, I hope you don’t mind if I answered them!
Here’s the rules for the tag:
Display the award’s official logo somewhere on your blog. // Thank the person who nominated you. // Provide a link to your nominator’s blog. // Answer your nominator’s questions. // Nominate up to 11 bloggers. // Ask your nominees 11 questions. // Notify your nominees by commenting on at least one of their blog posts.
And now for the fun!
*
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, with money being no object and with your friends and family happily moving with you, where would you settle?
This is an extremely difficult question but I think I must say either the Scottish Highlands, The Yorkshire Dales, Adelaide Hills or the Huon Valley in Tasmania.
2. What is an obscure book, film, or television series that you wish more people knew and loved?
This is almost impossible to answer because there are too many to name. In order to solve this dilemma I think I will list one of each:
Film // Anne of Green Gables The Sequel, this is one of my go to comfort films. I find that I really relate to Anne in this one especially as I have lived and worked in an all girls boarding school.
Book // Letters to a Young Poet by Rilke.. every single time.
Television Series // A Year in Provence, House of Elliott, or Foyle’s War.
3. Who are five of your favorite musical artists at the moment?Bach // Bach // Bach // Mozart and Bach
4. Do you prefer to travel by car or by plane for longer trips?
Car or train all the way unless a plane is the only way one can get to places.. living in Australia surrounded by ocean one does have to take a plane ride if one really wants to go anywhere that’s not within our own country..
5. Are there any classic authors whom you feel are overrated?
The Brontë Sisters *dodges barrage of tomatoes*
6. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas! The Birth of Jesus Christ our Lord, need I continue? ☺️
7. Do you prefer warmer or cooler temperatures?
This was a topic of conversation the other day, definitely cooler temperatures and a maximum temperature of around 20 degrees c would do me very nicely, very nicely indeed.
8. What are some skills or hobbies that you don't have but wish you did?
Crocheting would be fun! Oh and being able to ice skate would be another, I simply cannot skate for the life of me.. doesn’t stop me trying though.. ☺️
9. What is your favorite animal?
For non Australians out there, may I present.. a Quokka
10. Are you an early bird or a night owl? Or an afternoon . . . I don't know, crow, let's say?
I’d like to say I am an early bird, but it really depends on if I’ve got anything noteworthy on in that particular time of day, generally if I do, I am awake at 5am most days, if not I generally have a little sleep in till around 7-8am. I’m such a night owl and there’s something so magical and peaceful about working or chatting or reading late at night.
11. What are you currently reading?
I tend to read lots of different books at the same time but manage to get my allocated ten per month completed by the end of the month. This is just some of this month’s pile but it is minus a few books as my mother is borrowing them and hasn’t returned them at the time of writing this post.
**
Well that was just bucket loads of fun! Thank you for such splendid questions Olivia!
Here are my questions:
- What’s something you want to learn/ get better at?
- What is your dream job?
- What’s something you are proud of?
- Which Pride and Prejudice adaptation is the best? 1995 or 2005
- Describe your dream fashion style..
- Musical Theatre or Plays?
- Mary Poppins or The Wound of Music?
- What’s your party trick?
- Carrot Cake or Chocolate Cake?
- Morning or Evening?
Now, who can I tag?
And YOU! If you’ve read this far, consider yourself tagged and if you don’t have a blog feel free to answer these questions in the comments below!
Hello there! I found you through Lizzie Hexam's blog, where I saw that you had commented on something!
ReplyDeleteI love this blog. I love that you have John and Meg on your home page. I love that you have Tolkien and his wife. I love that Bach, Bach, Bach, Mozart and Bach are your five favorite musical artists! (Bach is a BIG favorite of mine too!)
I also love your reasons for Christmas being your favorite holiday. It's always so encouraging to find more bloggers out there with whom I can spiritually relate. :)
Good luck with your new blog!
Autumn